I thought about this the other day, what makes being a wife so much better than being single and just living with someone? What’s better about being a wife than being a girlfriend? How do I weigh and measure my status as a wife? Is it a definition of who I am? Is it a role I play? Is it part of who I am? Well the answer to those questions is not a simple yes or no – at least not for me. But then I tend to be verbose in my verbiage, hence why I write blogs on a regular basis.
So without further ado let me share with you the 10 things I love about being a wife:
- I love being a part of a family with my husband
- I love changing my last name – yes, I really didn’t care for my maiden name, but I like sharing my name with all the members of my family
- I love having someone know me well enough that when I am surly, they don’t take it personally
- I love having someone who looks after me with the same dedication that I look after them
- I love the assumptions that other people make when it comes to husbands and wives and the fact that we don’t always match those assumptions
- I love wearing my engagement and wedding rings – of all my jewelry, these two pieces I never take off
- I love being a wife to a man who complements my strengths and weaknesses
- I love being a wife because it means even if I don’t need it, I automatically have someone to help
- I love being a wife because it means he’s always on my side – even when we disagree in private – we’re still united as a team
- I love being a wife because it was a precursor to becoming a mother and now the two roles are indelibly tied up together
What do you love about being a wife?