Recently I’ve been concentrating on counting our blessings and being thankful. Everything I read lately from God’s Word to articles about writing, seems to re-enforce this idea that we need to constantly build on that attitude of thankfulness by identifying the blessings in our life.
Today I’m going to start of a list of 25 blessings God has given me and I can thank Him for today. Before I start, let me say one thing, these are coming as I think of them and I am trusting God will supply me with at least that many and more. So here goes.
1. My husband who supports me in whatever I undertake and who is dearest friend as well as my love.
2. That he is retired and we are able to spend more time together, yet he still understands I need time to write and do my own thing.
3. For the relationship of mutual love and trust we have.
4. That God knows what is best for me and orders my times and plans according to His timetable not mine
5. That even things which appear to be negatives, turn out for my good under God’s hands.
6. For a family who are devoted to God and living their lives according to His ways.
7. For a new life and a new start given to me because of what Jesus has done for me.
8. For God’s Word and the lessons He teaches me from it and that He knows exactly when I am ready to receive new teaching.
9. For the gift of music and the great joy and solace it is.
10. For being able to sing and enjoy singing with others.
11. For the gift of hearing – that I can hear music, voices and other sounds.
12. For God’s provision last night as was coming home from choir last night and safety on the road especially given the wildlife that abounds in our area.
Last night just a short time before I came home my husband heard this peculiar squelching sound. When he looked out the front, he saw 4 kangaroos, 2 extremely large, bounding across our front lawn. Because we have had a torrential amount of rain recently each time the roos landed, they squelched on the lawn. A short time later a four wheel drive came down our street and had to stop, confronted by the roos in the middle of the road. Kangaroos are a hazard as they can do an enormous amount of damage to cars if they hit them. This time the driver was able to stop until, after a time the roos moved on to join the other 3 roos bounding alongside the road and back into the bush. I came home less than half an hour later, thankful the roos were still not bounding around.
I’d love to hear other people’s lists of blessings, and wonder if they’ll have anything as odd as my one about God’s timing and kangaroos.
Please visit these related blogs