There are some that struck me on this Easter Monday morning.
2.The blessing of being able to freely go to church and worship Him with like minded people.
3.The blessing of family and friends who love and care for us.
4. The blessing of the beauty that surrounds us in this world.
5. The blessing of having the Bible to read and to teach us those things God wants us to know.
6. The blessing of music and song.
7. The blessing of laughter and of tears.
8.The blessing of books, of poetry and stories as well as the visual and other creative arts.
9. The blessings of sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell.
10. The blessing of prayer. No, I haven’t put this blessing last because I think it’s least important. Far from it. But because I want to suggest something that struck me recently as a good suggestion for a prayer for each day. It came from These High Green Hills by Jan Karon, where one of the characters prays, ‘Lord, make me a blessing to someone today.’
Have you ever thought of yourself as a blessing to someone else? Have you stopped to consider each day how you might be a blessing to others? It may be an encouraging word, a phone call to let them know you are thinking of them, praying for someone you know is struggling, sending them a card or visiting them or helping out in some practical way by doing their shopping or whatever other task might need doing.
Two things to think about – Who can you be a blessing to today? And how can you be a blessing to them?