It is nice to be able to add a personal touch to any gift that we give. We are all busy, so a quick project that looks great it always great. I just put together a bridal shower gift for an old friend. I found a wicker basket with handles that could be used as a serving tray and filled it with items the newly married couple could use to make a fun breakfast. I also created mini recipe card album with a few of my favorite recipes to include with the gift.
Directions for creating a mini recipe card album.
*Bazzill Cream Puff Cardstock
*Basic Grey Patterned Paper (Lucky Line)
*Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
*Making Memories Magnetic Stamps
*Quickutz Daisy side view die
*Small post from a post bound album
1. Typed out a few favorite breakfast recipes, then printed them onto cream cardstock.
2. Trimmed the recipes and used stamping ink around the edges of the recipes.
3. Cut 5 by 5 inch squares from the patterned paper.
4. Attached the recipes onto each of the square patterned paper pages.
5. Using the Quickutz handle, punch enough daisies to have two for each page.
6. Ran the daisies through the Xyron machine to add adhesive. Attached two daisies onto each page. I put them on opposite corners of the cream cardstock.
7. To bind the album, I punched holes in the upper left corner of each page. I punched the first page and then set that page on top of each of the other pages as I punched them one at a time so that the holes would all line up.
8. Using a small post from a post bound album that I did not need since it was replaced with a bigger post in my album, I put each sheet of the album onto the post.
9. To add one last bit of fun, I tied a small piece of fiber between each page of the album and cut it long enough to hang a little over an inch on each side.
10. For the cover, I used Making Memories magnetic stamps to stamp the title.
After typing and printing the recipes, putting the album together took under an hour.