Signs that summer is coming: wasps buzzing around your windows, realizing you need to mow the lawn again… and swim suits cropping up on store racks everywhere! It’s swimsuit shopping season, which brings us to the ultimate question: one or two?
Will you show off your blossoming figure in a one piece or two piece swim suit this summer?
Reasons to Wear a One Piece:
1. A one piece swimsuit does a pretty good job of hiding those pesky stretch marks.
2. A one piece protects your belly from the sun’s rays, which can darken the linea negra.
3. Certain one piece suits may give you a little extra support, which can make you a little more comfortable.
4. You’ll save money on sunscreen by not having to goop up all that skin on your baby bump.
Reasons to Wear a Two Piece:
1. A two piece gives your belly more room to grow.
2. You don’t have to buy a special suit – unless you are looking to buy a tankini style suit. In turn, this gives you a lot more options when shopping. If you buy a bikini, you can wear it again after your pregnancy.
3. There’s nothing cuter than a bare pregnant belly on the beach.
The third option, of course, is to skip the swimsuit altogether, but considering how good it feels to get into the water when you are lugging around a heavy baby belly, that would be a shame. If you are not comfortable with showing off your pregnant body, you could get a pretty sarong to pair with your suit, which will give you both coverage and style.
So, what are you planning on wearing this summer? Will you rock the bikini, chill in a tankini or look adorable in a one piece? Will you avoid the pool or the beach altogether?