Not only does American Medical ID have different types of jewelry, they also have a variety of styles to choose from.
Styles come in stainless steel, nylon, sterling silver, gold-filled, 10Kt and 14 Kt gold. Important medical information as well as personal information (as you specify) is engraved on your choice of jewelry at no additional cost. Their jewelry starts at an affordable $21.95.
Check them out at http://www.IdentifyYourself.com
American Medical ID explains that these IDs are critical due to these facts -
* In an emergency a medical ID bracelet or necklace speaks when the wearer cannot
* Symptoms of common ailments can easily be misdiagnosed. Prompt diagnosis is critical to effective treatment. A brief description of vital medical facts engraved on a medical ID can ensure appropriate and timely medical care.
* According to a published study, half of all medical errors occur because of mistakes made upon admission or discharge form the hospital. Wearing a medical ID can protect against potentially harmful medical errors.
* More than 95 percent of emergency medical responders look for a medical ID; more than 75 percent check for a medical ID immediately upon assessing the patient. Medical IDs can’t be missed.
* Medical IDs can eliminate trips to the hospital, reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and prevent minor emergencies from escalating. Medical IDs save lives!
Here is a testimonial from a customer of American Medical ID:
“I ordered an American Medical ID bracelet because I have RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), a little known, but extremely devastating type of nerve damage. Because RSD is not well known, I ordered the medical ID bracelet. I found myself in a situation of not being able to explain my condition after a trip to the ER and the ID bracelet let the anesthesiologist know exactly what meds I was on before performing an emergency surgery. So, thank you AMID! You were a life saver!