Next month is the Relief’s Society birthday. One of main Enrichment nights is supposed to focus specifically on the birthday of the Relief Society. Here are five ideas for an Enrichment night to celebrate the birthday of the Relief Society.
1) A really fun activity is to have a birthday party. You can have party snacks available and spend the time playing party games. This gives the sisters a chance to visit and get to know each other. You can play games such as a trivia game, fruit basket and Pictionary. You may want to have a ten minute talk on the blessings of Relief Society.
2) You may want to plan a spiritual night for the sisters. You may want to invite four or five women to briefly share what Relief Society means to them. You may want to leave time at the end to allow other women to share their thoughts and feelings about Relief Society as well.
3) You may want to plan a birthday dinner. As part of the dinner you may want to plan a program with musical numbers and a guest speaker. You should also allow the sisters a chance to talk during the meal so that they can fellowship with each other.
4) You may want to plan a service activity for the sisters to complete. The Relief Society was organized so that the sisters could provide service to those in need. A service project is a great way to celebrate the Relief Society.
5) You may want to plan a night with three different classes. The classes can focus on increasing faith in Jesus Christ, one can teach a homemaking skill, and the third can give the sisters a chance to socialize. You can have the sisters rotate through the classes or just attend the one that appeals to them the most.
Relief Society: Building Unity