You may have the opportunity to teach a class on an Enrichment night. One of the great things about Enrichment is that it is truly an opportunity to learn from each other. It is wonderful that different people have the opportunities to share their talents with the rest of the Relief Society. Here are five tips to make your class successful.
1) If you have a topic where you can do something hands on to teach, than do it. If you have a cooking topic, then cook. If you have a lesson on preparing family home evening lessons, have the sisters prepare an object lesson for a family home evening. If the class is on exercise, do exercises as a group.
2) You should encourage class participation. It is important to encourage comments and questions throughout your presentation. You can help encourage the others to share by sharing personal examples. You may want to pause between points and ask if the sisters have any questions.
3) When appropriate handouts are a great addition to your presentation. This gives the sisters something to take home and review as they apply the skills that they have learned in your class. Handouts can be distracting, so you may want to wait to hand them out until the very end.
4) Any time that you teach for a church event, you should pray for inspiration and that the spirit will be there. It is important that as you pray you ask to know that you are covering the right points as you teach. You may also want to take time to pray right before you teach, so that you are not nervous when you are teaching.
5) Another important aspect is to have visual aids. This helps to make the lesson more interesting. You should try to incorporate the visual aids into your lesson. It is important to realize that what you display really affects the mood of the lesson. If you are teaching about healthy eating, an attractive display of fruits and vegetables might be a good object lesson. You may also want to have something to demonstrate portion sizes.
Relief Society: 5 Ways to Build Unity on Enrichment Nights