Who doesn’t love a good deal? I think most people do. And, when scrapbooking frugally, sometimes you really need to think outside the box! Have you ever thought of shopping for your scrapbook supplies at a thrift store, or flea market? There might be some wonderful treasures you can find!
Vintage inspired layouts are a new trend that I see all over the place these days. People are using papers that look old, vintage embellishments, and all sorts of other supplies. You might be surprised at the type of stuff you can turn into scrapbooking supplies. Here are a few things I’ve found while out shopping at thrift stores and flea markets that you can put on your vintage scrapbook page:
1. Old buttons- It’s hard to find really unique buttons in stores these days without paying a pretty penny for them, but you will most likely find some really unique buttons while out shopping.
2. Doilies-This is great for a girly layout. Use the doily for background, or for matting a photo.
3. Fabric- Who says you can’t use fabric instead of paper on your layouts? Try using some old fabric that you find instead of a scrap of paper.
4. Felt- It seems like felt is all the rage these days…why not buy a cute little felt something or other, and use it on your page? Lots of vintage clothing and accessories have felt embellies!
5. Lace-This makes a beautiful border, or use it instead of ribbon.
6. Old Gift Tags- Sometimes you can find vintage gift tags. Use those for journaling or for a tag on your Christmas themed layout!
7. Scrabble- Not to play the game, but use those cute little wooden blocks as your letters for your layout.
Thinking outside the box is all it takes to go vintage on your layout, and save a little money while doing so! Visit your local thrift store today. What goodies will you find?