This week, we are going to do something that will really help you think outside the box when it comes to scrapbooking. For me, I love tons of color on a layout. I love to mix and match patterned papers, and I almost always go bold in my color choices. But, why not tone it down a bit?
The challenge for this week is to stick with one color tone and only mix it with neutral tones. What are the neutral tones? I would say neutral tones that you can use are: white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, black, gray, and navy. So, for this week, let’s choose red as our main color to get in the Christmas spirit. You can use many shades of red, and also many of the neutral tones, but trying this might make you create something totally different than you have created before. The majority of the layout, let’s say 3/4 of it, should be in red tones.
Here are some tips for making this challenge a little easier:
1. Choose a red-toned solid colored cardstock. This will help you meet the challenge of 3/4 of your space being the main color we chose.
2. Pull out a red pencil or marker to do some journaling.
3. Create your own embellishments on white paper and color them red.
4. Find ribbon to match your main color.
5. Matte your photos in a different shade of red from your solid colored cardstock.
There are so many ways that you can do this challenge. If you focus on Christmas photos, it will be even easier! So many times it just takes a little bit of creativity and thinking outside of the box, and you can create a layout that is totally unique, and totally different than anything you’ve done before. Let’s scrap!