A home can be defined in many ways. It’s a residence, a family dwelling place, and often times a refuge from the outside world. It’s made of walls, and windows, and doors, which can keep people out, keep people in, or open freely so all may enter and leave as they wish. The concept of home has been characterized in many ways over time.
Check out the following ways of defining home:
1) Home is where the heart is
2) Home Sweet Home
3) You can travel the world to search for what you need, but when you return home, you’ll find it
4) There’s no place like home
5) You can buy a house but you have to make it a home
6) A home is not defined by its structure but by the people who fill it
7) A person who hopes to change the world must begin at home
8) How you behave at home, where others can’t see, defines who you are
Here are some lighthearted quotes for the home:
1) Bless this mess
2) Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy
3) Friends need no invitation; relatives please make an appointment.
4) An immaculate home is a sign of dullness
5) Kitchen closed until further notice
6) Take a number
7) Enter at Your Own Risk
8) I’ll clean it tomorrow
1) Live Well, laugh often, love much
2) Live, love, laugh (short version of above)
3) Love freely, laugh often, and live long
4) Dance like nobody can see you, sing like nobody can hear you, and live like there’s no tomorrow
Many of the quotes on this page are incorporated into home décor elements on custom-made signs or plaques, samplers, or even stenciled on walls. They express the way we feel about home, or how we want our homes to feel.
Do you have any favorite quotes you’d like to share?