I heart all of the heart-shaped scrapbook embellishments that line the shelves of my local craft store. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to spread the love you have for your favorite people, places and things. Of course, there is no better place to document that adoration than in a love-themed scrapbook. Whether you are looking to craft layouts featuring treasured Valentine’s Day sentiments or you simply want a place to store inspirational love-themed mementos a memory book is a terrific option.
To help spice up your heart-astic pages consider the following:
Lollipops: Create heart-shaped lollipops from patterned or plain scrapbook paper. You can embellish each with stickers, stamps or gems and cover them in vellum before adhering them to each page. The final touch is adding a stick to the sucker. You can find them at candy stores or in the baking aisle at major supermarkets. If you can’t find real sticks, simply use some paper, cardstock or a piece of yarn or ribbon.
Heart-shaped journal: Cut-out a large heart from a piece of poster board, cardstock or construction paper. Then, write out a love note to your sweetheart. You could also do this on the computer using different fonts and digital elements. Spice up the layout with photos, glitter paper, and foam stickers. To add dimension to the page, add patterned paper pieces underneath the stickers to make them pop.
Inspirational words: Craft a simple stitched pocket on a page to tuck away your favorite Valentines. Then, cover the outside of the pocket with inspiration love-themed quotes such as:
- “Love is a fruit in season at all times, and in reach of every hand.” ~Mother Teresa
- “In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.” ~Janos Arany
- “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” ~Victor Hugo
- “Love, and you shall be loved.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Love builds bridges where there are none.” ~ R. H. Delaney
- “Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” ~ William Shakespeare