Summary: My Bedtime Learning Book, is a tool to reinforce basic lessons effortlessly through a child making her own book. The child will draw a picture of herself, her home, and learn to dial her home phone number. Other lessons include shapes, colors, numbers, letters, vowel sounds, time, money, days of the week, months of the year and more.
Ages: 3 to 5
Why it is Special to Me
My Bedtime Learning Book is essentially the first educational product I developed. At the time I never intended to sell it. I made these little books with my two children and they loved it. I knew how much they loved bedtime stories and how they could pretty much recite the stories after a few nights. So, I decided to make up a bedtime book with information I wanted them to learn such as phone number, address, and ABCs and so forth. They loved their special bedtime book designed just for them. I enjoyed seeing them study it nightly. Soon, they learned all the information in the book. Holding those special memories in mind, I created My Bedtime Learning Book.
Make Your Own
- Binder, notebook, or hard covered blank book (can be purchased at educational stores)
- Markers, crayons, pens
- Pictures of your child, your home, your family or anything relevant to what you will be putting in the book.
- Glue or some type of adhesive for the pictures or anything else you may want to add
- Fill the pages with information you want your child to learn or something you want to reinforce. For instance on the page for address you may want to glue a picture of your home or have your child draw a picture of your home. Then add the address with a marker. Decorate as you see fit. Continue on as if making a scrapbook creating pages relevant to your child.
Things to include in the book:
- Self portrait with a description such as “I have brown eyes.”
- Favorites page
- Phone number
- Name (to learn to spell)
- Days of the week
- Months of the year
- Lessons you want reinforced like phonics, alphabet or numbers.