The day set aside to honor the most priceless person in the world can put a major dent in your wallet, especially if you plan to shower mom with expensive presents. However, if you are working on a tight budget, there are still plenty of wonderful ways you can show your mom how much she means to you.
Rather than send mom to a pricey spa, treat her to a relaxing morning at a home version. The following affordable ideas will allow you to pamper mom without putting your budget in peril:
All the fancy spas give guests a comfortable pair of slippers to pad around in. You can do the same for your mom without breaking the bank. Here’s how:
- Inexpensive flip-flops with flat thong straps from the discount store. (Most cost less than $3.)
- Embellishments, such as silk flowers, beads, buttons, gems, etc.
- Hot glue gun
Take time to arrange the embellishments on the flip-flops’ straps before gluing in place. When you have the design in place, carefully glue each item to the straps. (You can feature additional designs by using acrylic paint or permanent markers.) Allow the glue to dry completely before letting mom slip into her new spa flip-flops.
Making your own lotion to use on mom is easy and affordable. However, if you live in a small city you may find it challenging to locate some of the ingredients. If you can’t find them at your local health food store, consider shopping online at sites such as Bulk Apothecary.
- 4 tablespoons lanolin
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essential oil
- Place the lanolin and sweet almond oil in a double boiler and stir gently until they are warm and well blended.
- Add the distilled water and stir until completely blended.
- Remove mixture from heat and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the peppermint oil.
- Pour lotion into a jar, and seal the lid tightly.
- Store out of direct sunlight for about a day before using.