Whether you are celebrating the holiday with your child or a significant other, these simple crafts will go a long way to show your special someone how much they mean to you:
I LOVE YOU HEART BANNER
- 12×12 scrapbook paper in Valentine’s Day colors or prints
- Red, white or pink cardstock
- Hole punch
- Cut-out heart shapes from the 12×12 scrapbook paper. Make one heart for each letter of your message, plus extra hearts for blank spaces.
- Cut letters from solid colored cardstock.
- Glue one letter to each heart.
- Punch holes in the sides of each heart.
- Thread the hearts together with the ribbon.
- Hang your banner where your sweetie can easily see it.
TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Green pipe cleaners
- Cut five pieces of tissue paper into a large rectangle.
- Make accordion folds in the entire stack of paper.
- Secure the center of the tissue paper stack with a pipe cleaner.
- Carefully pull each piece of tissue paper towards the center of the flower to form the petals. The more you pull the more realistic the flower will look. You can make the flowers look as though they are in full bloom or vary the petals so the blossom appears to be budding.
Once you have made about a dozen or so flowers, you can display them in an inexpensive glass vase, a recycled can covered with wrapping paper or a plastic container from the Dollar Store.
Another option is to make a wreath from your homemade tissue paper flowers. All you need is a Styrofoam wreath form and some hot glue. Simply glue the blossoms to the wreath, making sure none of the Styrofoam shows. To expedite the process, trim the pipe cleaners so you don’t have a lot of excess to hide.