We are counting out 75 different things that you can do to be frugal and save money. Which ones are your favorites? If you missed the first part of this topic, click here: 75 Things You Can Do to Save Money.
44. Practice gas saving driving, such as keeping a steady pace under 55 mph.
45. Get rid of your gym membership and exercise outside or in your home.
46. Pay bills online.
47. Rent equipment with your neighbors and split the cost, such as a carpet cleaner, a stump grinder, etc.
50. Get rid of a home storage unit if you pay rent on it.
52. Take care of yourself. Regular care will save you on doctor bills and dental bills.
53. Reuse what you have instead of buying something new.
54. Use washcloths, towels and newspaper instead of paper towels for cleaning.
56. Wash clothing in cold water.
57. Hang your laundry.
59. Run full loads of laundry or dishes.
64. Block drafts in your home with caulk, plastic or blankets, whichever applies.
65. Take shorter showers.
66. Visit attractions off season or on off hours. A movie matinee costs much less that the regular price, discounts can be had during certain days for bowling, etc.
68. Eat out for lunch instead of dinner. Very often the portions are the same but the prices are less.
70. Get food to go and you’ll save on the tip and the drinks.
71. Use cash or gift cards for grocery shopping so you won’t go over your budget. Extra things tend to jump into the shopping cart if you aren’t careful.
72. Shred your own cheese from a block.
73. Wash baggies in the dishwasher and reuse them.
74. Pack your lunch instead of buying it out.
75. Cut your own vegetables and fruit instead of buying it precut.