Enjoying the sun, sand and surf is a rite of passage for many families, but like all good things, seasonal trips to the shore don’t last forever.
If you struggle with vacation withdrawal, consider the following fun projects designed to battle the summer blues. You will be amazed at how cheap and easy it is to turn all that extra sand you dragged home from the beach into amazing vacation souvenirs:
- Solid colored pillar candle
- Rubber cement
- Dump some sand on newspaper that has been spread out on a flat workspace.
- Make sure the sand is evenly distributed on the newspaper.
- Coat the candle with a coat of the rubber cement.
- Roll the candle back and forth on the sand until it is evenly coated.
- Allow the candle to dry overnight so the sand forms a hard crust.
- The next day, glue shells to the candle to further embellish it.
Beach-Themed Greeting Cards
- Clear contact paper
- Masking tape
- Small shells
- Beach-themed foam stickers
- Measure the front of your greeting card.
- Cut a piece of contact paper so it is a half-inch smaller than the front of your card
- Tape the contact paper sticky side up on a table.
- Adhere the stickers to the contact paper.
- Arrange small shells on the contact paper.
- Cover the entire beach scene with sand making sure to spread the grains in an even layer on the contact paper. Press the sand gently on the contact paper.
- Remove the tape from the contact paper. Then, flip the beach scene over and attach it to the front of the cardstock.
- Decorate the remainder of the card with markers or crayons.