Product: Ooka Island Adventure
Format: Computer Game
Ages: 3 to 7
Focus: Literacy, Phonics
Use: Supplement to any reading program, extra practice, fun and learning game
Rating: 5 out of 5 golden pencils
What is Ooka Island?
Learning early literacy skills was never so much fun! The game teaches phonics and letter/sound recognition. A friendly robot named Zobot guides your child in a mission on Ooka Island. Your child will visit the Cave of Sounds, Alphabet Mountain, Bubbly Troubly and more! Once your child visits Popcorn Mountain she will get the chance to read books.
What did I love about Ooka Island?
- An approach to teaching literacy that breaks the code of reading. It incorporates decades of research by Dr. Kay MacPhee by using the Eye-Ear Reading Method.
- It may be fun but it does teach foundations that a child will use in reading development.
- Each game centers on a skill that builds upon another skill until your child begins to read.
- Build confidence in young readers.
- My 4 year old asks to play daily and she is learning at a fast rate. My 7 year old enjoys it also but found it to be a bit too “young” for her.
- Improvement in my daughter’s literacy skills.
- The ability to monitor the progress my child is making.
The Cost of Ooka Island
You will find plenty of price options to suit your family.
- Individual (1 child)
- Monthly $12.95/month
- Annually $124.95/year (a 20% savings)
- Family (up to 4 children)
- Monthly $19.95/month
- Annually $149.95/year (a 37% savings)