Most insurance companies offer a variety of additional services not required by law in any state. Automobile insurance endorsement is just a fancy term for the extra services an insured may add to their insurance policy.
One of the best ways to insure your piece of mind is to consider adding some of these additional services. Many people find that keeping slightly higher deductibles on their Collision and Comprehensive coverage will save enough money to take advantage of the additional services and insurance coverage offered by their insurance company.
Here’s what you get for your money:
- Auto Towing Insurance pays for towing your car anytime you need it. Some Insurance companies will have limited distances or other restrictions. Be sure to read the policy carefully and understand exactly the towing services you insurance company is offering.
- Auto Glass Insurance gives you a lower deductible, or no deductible, for repairing any broken window on your car. This coverage can be especially nice when you live in a part of the country where roads are graveled for ice and snow. In some cases the policy may cover glass chip repair for fee and charge a small deductible for replacement of windows.
- Daily Rental Insurance covers the cost of a rental car while your car is being repaired because of a covered event. If you insure for both comprehensive and collision insurance you may qualify to take advantage of this additional coverage. It can be a real benefit in the event of a total loss of your car.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance covers repairs done on the spot. Changing a flat tire or having your battery jumped may be covered, but any actual car repairs you’ll have to pay for at the garage. This coverage is often combined with auto towing coverage, and called roadside emergency towing insurance.
Blogs In This Series: Auto Insurance Policies 101:
- Liability Coverage
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Insurance & Personal Injury Protection
- Optional Coverage-Collision
- Optional Coverage-Comprehensive
- Optional Coverage-GAP
- Additional Auto Insurance Coverage
Glossary of Insurance Terms:
Families.com Blogs are for informational purposes only. Families.com assumes no responsibility for consumer choices. Consumers are reminded that it is their responsibility to research their choices properly and speak to a certified insurance professional prior to making any decision as important as an insurance purchase.