The subject of soulmates can be rather touchy. Why? It can be touchy because not everyone is married to their soulmates. In fact, it’s important to realize that a soulmate doesn’t necessarily mean a marriage partner, or a romantic mate.
A soulmate is someone you connect with on the soul level who understands you as if you were a part of them. It can be someone of the same gender or someone of the opposite sex. You may have even met your soulmate before marriage, but your lives went in separate ways. If you soulmate is of the same gender, he or she may be your best friend.
Are you married to your soulmate? Ultimately, most people hope to marry their soulmates, but if you’re not married to your soulmate and feel as though you haven’t really found a soulmate, don’t fret.
The key in marriage is to allow your mate to become your closest and dearest friend. In other words, allow your spouse to be your soulmate, if you don’t have one, and even if you already have one, allow your spouse to be a soulmate, too. No one said you can’t have more than one soulmate, and if anyone deserves to be your closest and dearest friend, it should be your spouse.
Let’s look at ways you can work at making your spouse your new soulmate:
1. Spend quality time together sharing your soul’s aspirations, feelings, thoughts and dreams.
2. Meditate together. That’s right, spend quiet time together meditating.
3. In the morning, share what you’ve dreamed about the night before. Talking about dreams openly can help you draw close together on a subconscious level.
4. Develop a spiritual connection with your spouse. This can be done by reading inspirational passages together, praying, attending church together and talking openly about spiritual subjects.
5. Spend time touching, bonding and connecting without sex. Let an emotional and soulful bond form simply from being in each other’s presence.
The key to making your spouse your soulmate is to share yourself openly with them on the soul level. If you find that your spouse doesn’t share much in common with you, or that you run into roadblocks along the way, don’t give up. You may just be with someone who compliments you, rather than someone who is like you. There are different types of soulmates, and even an opposite can fit that picture. Embrace the differences and learn from one another. You have just what you need in your life at the moment. Live and affirm that fact to yourself and each other.