I recently edited a cookbook for our church congregation and got lots of great recipes with very little overlap. But three different people submitted this recipe. These are people I trust, so I tried the recipe and it is delicious, and my family loved it. So, here is the triple- (quadruple, including me) recommended recipe.
1 dozen flour tortillas
4 large chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1/2 pound grated Monterey Jack cheese
4 green onions, sliced
1 can sliced black olives
1 small can green chili peppers
1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine soup, chili peppers, olives, sour cream and onions. Add the Monterey Jack cheese.
2. Remove two cups of the mixture and place in another bowl. Add the chicken and mix.
3. Scoop the chicken mixture into the tortillas, and roll up. Place side by side in a large pan.
4. Spoon the rest of the soup mixture over the top of the tortillas. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 – 50 minutes, until hot completely through.
This dish can be made a day ahead. It also freezes well. I like to make it in a disposable foil pan, so clean-up is easy. This is also a great potluck dish.