Did you know that the church has an entire portion of their website devoted to the topic of Christmas. It is a wonderful resource that I had to share at this special time of year! Find the link here. It is a gorgeous website that would be a great link to share with friends that are not of our Faith to answer questions they have about what we believe about Christmas.
Included on this website are The Christmas Story, Christmas Videos that you can easily share with people over the internet, Stories of other members’ Christmas traditions, Ideas to have a more worshipful Christmas, and plenty of Christmas resources including talks, music, and audio downloads.
You can also order a Christmas video, or there is the missionary tool, Ask a Mormon a Question feature that is great for sharing with friends. For your children, there are coloring pictures, and games that all focus on the true meaning of Christmas.
I love the following which is taken directly from the website on how we can have a more meaningful Christmas:
“Here’s some practical advice to help you find your ideal Christmas. Simplify the season and you may find that for every minute you spend here, you’ll get 10 minutes back to enjoy this holiday more fully.
* Replace some holiday decorations in your home with reminders of Christ.
* Politely decline requests that will take you away from family.
* Play more Christmas music.
* Donate gently used items to a thrift store.
* Go Christmas caroling.
* Avoid “mad rush” shopping times.
* Say thank you as often as possible.
* Schedule a night to help another person or family.
* Call someone you normally wouldn’t to wish him or her a Merry Christmas.”
The Christmas portion of LDS.org is one that I previously had never visited. Hopefully, my family and yours can incorporate this website into your month long celebration of the true meaning of CHRISTmas.
The New LDS.org