Since everyone has different tastes of what they’d like on their dinner table, I decided to include several different types of recipes. Today I will focus on chicken, beef and pork.
Tomorrow you will find some side dishes that can be made ahead and frozen, as well as pastas and desserts.
Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 3 cups shredded,frozen hash browns
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper — to taste
Brown hamburger and onion. Drain. Add soup to meat mixture. Place hash
browns in 13 x 9″ greased pan. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Top with
meat mixture. Bake at 375* for 1 hour.
To FREEZE: Assemble as usual (before baking). Wrap/bag and freeze.
To SERVE: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as usual, adding 10 min. or so
to total baking time. You can also add some water (1/8 cup) to edges
before baking, if it looks a little dry.
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak — boneless, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion — sliced
- 2 cups mushroom — fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme — dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; brown in a large skillet in oil
for 5 minutes on each side. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until
vegetables are tender and the meat has reached desired cooking temperature, stirring occasionally. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine the broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder, stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over meat.
This recipe can be followed completely and then frozen. To serve, just
heat through. I have even put it in a large skillet right from the
freezer, covered it and heated on low until thawed. Then turn up the
heat until done.
- 3 pounds steak or boneless roast
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup green onion — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cut meat into 2 inch trips. Toast the sesame seeds in the oven at 400
degrees until brown; about 2-3 minutes. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and marinate overnight. Remove meat from marinate and grill. Can freeze in marinade then thaw and cook when ready to use.