I just designed a fun birthday card that I want to share. It came together very quickly and will be fun to give away. I love how the papers are so bright and colorful. Perfect for a birthday card!
This card used a technique that is a great way to use some paper scraps left over from your scrapbook pages. By using small scraps of paper I was able to quickly make this card. I used paper from the Basic Grey Lollipop Shop Collection, staples and a jellies sticker from Making Memories. Here are the steps to complete this card:
1. Cut green paper to 5 1/2” by 4 1/4”.
2. Cut strips of patterned paper with random widths and heights. (Smaller than the card front.)
3. Apply adhesive (I used Hermafix) across the center of the card and place the strips onto the green mat.
4. Use a regular stapler to put staples on the top and bottom of paper strips to attach them to the green mat.
5. Place the Making Memories Jellies Sticker onto green paper. Trim around edges to create mat for sticker. Ink edges with a brown stamp pad.
6. Place jellies sticker onto card.
7. Cut a piece of cardstock (5 1/2” by 4 1/4”) and fold in half to create card. Attach green mat with paper strips onto card. By creating the front of the card on a separate piece of paper and then attaching it to the card, the staples will not show when you open the card.
This is a great card to mass produce because you could cut several mats at the same time and then just go through your scraps stash and start trimming the paper into small strips that will fit onto the front of the card.
I used paper from the same paper line so that all of the colors would match perfectly. Even though the patterns are all different, there is a unified feel because they all have the same colors in the paper.
Have fun creating!