When you are on a weight loss or fitness regimen designed to trim back on excess weight, you may discover that no matter how good your fitness regimen has been working, suddenly those last ten lbs won’t come off. Here are a few tips for coping with this dilemma.
- Recognize that in most fitness programs, you may not have another 10lbs to lose, because you have put on muscle weight and muscles weigh more than fat
- Change up your exercise routine, either through changing intensity or length of time spent to ramp it up
- Check out your nutrition and dietary habits, cut back on sugar and empty starches or increase the frequency of your meals so that you are eating several small meals throughout the day
- Consider how realistic your goal is? Most women will never regain their pre-pregnancy figures and weight exactly, but are you fit and trim?
- Age and physical condition weigh in as strong factors in your health and fitness, they also play a part in how much exercise you need, the older you get – the harder it is to shed pounds
- Recognize that once you achieve your weight target, that you will still need to maintain it with a regular amount of activity and a healthy diet
Have you found that last 10 lbs to be stubborn?