Scrapbooking is always fun whether you do it alone or you are with a group. It can be even more fun if you are helping out a friend and visiting with friends too. Recently I got together with a group of friends to scrapbook a dear friend’s daughter’s first year album since my friend has some health issues that were preventing her from finishing the album. This was an all day project with some really fun results.
There were several things my friend did before the day we arrived to get ready for the big event. These are things that are also helpful if you are going to an all day crop and want to be really productive.
1. Print and group photos. All of the photos were printed and then grouped by which layout they would go on. Then each group of pictures was put into one page protector.
2. Gather Cardstock and Patterned Paper. The patterned paper all came from a Basic Grey Baby Line of paper. That made coordinating really easy. A sheet of cardstock and a sheet or two of patterned paper were put in to page protector with the photos.
3. Sketches. My friend looked at the pictures in each page protector and drew a sketch for how she would like the photos to be arranged. This saved a lot of time in the design process when we sat down to work.
4. Embellishments. All of the coordinating embellishments that we could use were placed in the center of the table. There were containers of ribbon, alphabets and stickers. We also had access to several Quickutz alphabets and alphabet foam stamps.
5. Journaling. The journaling was all typed before the scrapbooking started, but because of computer issues, it wasn’t available when we were creating pages. We made sure to leave enough room on each layout for the journaling that will be printed to fit in the designated space.
It was a lot of fun to scrapbook for some else and thanks to her great prep work, we were able to accomplish a lot that day.