Happy Tuesday! It’s the fourth day of school here and my daughter is caught up in her enthusiasm for going to school every day. We’re both still trying to figure out the learning curve. We walk to school together in the morning and then I walk back to the house. Due to the extreme heat in the afternoons (106 degrees yesterday with the Heat Index – 103 without it) I’ll pick her up with the car, but we’re both looking forward to it cooling down this fall.
In the meantime here are some Did You Know … Tuesday Fitness Tips:
- Did you know that you can do squats, bicep curls, bent over rows and triceps extensions with exercise and fitness bands?
- Did you know that if you pick up a $10 door attachment, you can also do lat pull downs, preacher curls and kneeling band crunches?
- Did you know that by identifying what you really value in life you can make anything, including a fitness program, a success?
- Did you know that cardio activities, while great for you, don’t actually benefit your muscles and skeleton? You still need to do muscle toning exercises
- Did you know that one of the preventative measures to avoid tennis elbow is to use new balls when you play and not old ones?
- Did you know that there are emotional symptoms to fitness overtraining? Those emotional symptoms include mood changes, lethargy, apathy, depression, anger, boredom and poor appetite?
- Did you know that basic exercises like crunches and bicycle crunches are better for your abdominal exercise goals than most infomercial equipment?
- Did you know that one of the best, most inexpensive pieces of fitness equipment is the fitness ball?
So tell me – did you know?