If you are the parent of a toddler like I am, you know how difficult it can be to cook dinner while your child is running around the house. Or worse than that, while your child is howling in the other room because you left her alone with her toys. Additionally, it is hard to figure out what they will actually eat! Here are a couple of recipes that I have found are fairly easy to make and my daughter loves them.
Easy Bacon Cheese Turkey-burger Mac
- 1 12 oz pkg macaroni & cheese with sauce
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped finely
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup crushed cooked bacon or bacon bits
1. Brown meat in large skillet; drain.
2. Add water, milk and ketchup; mix well.
3. Bring mixture to boil and stir in macaroni; return to boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 10 min. or until macaroni is tender.
5. Stir in cheese sauce, onions, and tomatoes. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Note: If you want to spice it up a little, try adding barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.
Spaghetti Pizza Bake
- 8 oz thin spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ medium onion, chunked
- ½ green pepper, chunked
- 2 sliced white mushrooms
- Pepperoni (as much or as little as you want)
- 1 8 oz pkg mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook and drain spaghetti as per directions on box.
3. Place cooked spaghetti in 13 x 9 dish.
4. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and milk. Pour mixture over cooked pasta in dish.
5. Pour sauce over mixture. Layer veggies and pepperoni over sauce.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Note: If you double the recipe, DO NOT double milk and egg mixture.