The Epcot Food & Wine Tasting Festival – September 29 through November 12, 2006
Epcot is the place to be this October. The food and wine tasting festival is one of the best events held at Epcot. Winemakers, guest chefs, wine schools, tastings and pairings are the order of the day. There will be over 100 wineries offering tastings with costs ranging from $1.00 to $4.50.
The festival hosts an Eat the Beat concert to be performed on the American Gardens Theatre stage. Performance times are: 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m. The following performers have been announced as the line-up, but this is subject to change.
- Oct. 1-3 – FamilyStoneExperience
- Oct. 4-7 – Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
- Oct. 8-11 – Loverboy
- Oct. 12-14 – David Sanborn
- Oct. 15-16 – The Beach Boys
- Oct. 17-18 – Little Richard
- Oct. 19-21 – Three Dog Night
- Oct. 22-25 – The Four Tops
- Oct. 26-28 – Gloria Gaynor
- Oct. 29-Nov. 1 – The S.O.S. Band
Other Musical Highlights at Epcot this October include:
- The 1960s British rock ‘n’ roll revival sound of The British Invasion (United Kingdom)
- The gravity-defying Dragon Legend Acrobats (China)
- OrisiRisi interactive drum circle and African folklore (Outpost)
- The daring Chair Balancing act (France)
- High-energy Celtic music of Off Kilter (Canada)
- The Arabic rhythms of Mo’Rockin (Morocco)
- Matsuriza traditional Taiko drummers (Japan)
- Voices of Liberty (The American Adventure rotunda)
- Rhythms and harmonies of internationally acclaimed Mariachi Cobre (Mexico)
- Norwegian folk music of Spelmanns Gledje (Norway)
- Oktoberfest Musikanten dinner show (Germany)
Disney’s Not So Scary Halloween Party continues to delight and entertain the guests at the Magic Kingdom. Dates for October include October 2, 5-6, 10, 12, 16-17, 19-20, 23-24, 26-27, 30-31.
Blizzard Beach will be closing on October 29 and remain close until January 7 as a part of the yearly rehab that it receives.
Year of a Million Dreams
The new theme “Year of a Million Dreams” for the next year launches today at Disney World’s theme parks in Florida and at Disneyland in California.