Charlie’s Officially Out and Arnold Did WHAT?

Well, you may have heard the news by now, but CBS has officially announced that Ashton Kutcher will be Charlie Sheen’s replacement on “Two and a Half Men.” Sheen had maybe jokingly, maybe not pleaded for his job back during his one man train wreck, eh, tour.

A friend has said Sheen is “destroyed” that he has been replaced and so quickly. Publically, Sheen has tweeted his best to Ashton and said CBS got the right guy. However, he later tweeted, “Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer … Oh wait, so am I!! Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there.”

As for his part, Kutcher has said he can’t replace Sheen, but he will work hard to entertain the fans (I am paraphrasing here, of course). I personally don’t see Kutcher as a good fit for the show. Merely going by the characters I’ve seen him play in “That ‘70s Show” and a few movies, it just doesn’t seem right. But, the cast the show already has is very, very strong, so maybe Kutcher will fit in just fine and “Two and a Half Men” will chug on to many more successful years.

I woke up this morning to the radio DJs saying they couldn’t believe what Arnold Schwarzenegger had done. Of course, they wouldn’t tell me, so I had to google on my Blackberry. What could have been so terrible as to break up a 25-year-old marriage? A baby maybe?

Yes, the former Governator announced today that he had fathered a child out of wedlock (gasp) with a member of his household staff (double-gasp). Schwarzenegger said he told his wife about his baby, fathered more than a decade ago, after leaving office and that prompted her to leave him.

As any good actor would, Schwarzenegger took full responsibility and blame, saying in a statement issued today, “I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.” It was nice that he added, “I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time. While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not.”

So far, there has not been a comment from Shriver or the mother of the child. The mother of the child worked for the family for 20 years and just retired this past January.

This entry was posted in In The News by Libby Pelham. Bookmark the permalink.

About Libby Pelham

I have always loved to write and Families.com gives me the opportunity to share my passion for writing with others. I work full-time as a web developer at UTHSC and most of my other time is spent with my son (born 2004). I love everything pop culture, but also enjoy writing about green living (it has opened my eyes to many things!) and health (got to worry about that as you get older!).