One good way to make sure you are getting the most savings at the grocery store is to familiarize yourself with the store’s coupon policy. If you haven’t looked at it in a while, it is worth it to take another look. Coupon policies can change at any moment, and often without any warning. Here is the current coupon policy at Ralphs.
The coupon policy at Ralphs can vary by division. This means that even if you read over the coupon policy you cannot be certain that your local Ralphs will be following it. When in doubt, ask a store manager specific questions about their coupon policy.
General Coupon Policy
* The store manager can accept, decline, or limit the quantity of coupons or items used or purchased in a single transaction, by a single customer, in a single day.
* All manufacturer coupons are redeemed at face value.
* There is a limit of 5 “free” coupons.
* There is a limit of 1 manufacturer coupon per item purchased.
* There is a limit of 1 store coupon per item purchased.
* There is a limit of 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon that can be used on the same item.
* Coupons cannot be used on “free” items.
* Ralphs does not accept expired coupons.
* The amount refunded cannot exceed the cost of the item.
* Ralphs will accept Catalina coupons from competitors.
* There is a limit of 1 Catalina coupon per item.
* There is no limit on the number of Catalina coupons that can be used in a single transaction (so long as the total coupon amount does not exceed the total grocery bill for that transaction).
* There is a limit of 1 internet coupon per item.
* There is a limit of 2 internet coupons per manufacturer per customer per day.
* Ralphs will not accept internet coupons that state that the item is “free”.
* Ralphs will not accept internet coupons that are blurry, out of proportion, that appear to be altered in any way, or that do not scan properly.
* You must present a valid shopper card or an alternate ID in order to use digital coupons.
* You must present digital coupons at the time of purchase.
* Digital coupons will be subtracted from the purchase before paper coupons or other discounts.
* There is a limit of 1 use per digital coupon per transaction.
* You cannot combine digital offers with manufacturers paper coupons on the purchase of a single item.
* You cannot double a digital coupon.
* There is a limit of 150 digital coupons that can be loaded per household at one time.
Image by Timothy Tolle on Flickr.